Hacktoberfest - PR #2

    For my second Hacktoberfest pull request, I found an issue on a repository for Health Assistant Client, it was a relatively new repository for it was only at the starting phases in terms of front-end. I thought that this would make a good warm-up for Javascript front-end programming because I plan to work on more front-end things for the rest of the Hacktoberfest.

    The issue requested a Navigation Bar for the web app that serves as the base Navbar design. The Navbar will have an icon on the left side and four buttons on the right that will hold hyperlink references to other paths of the site, with the contact button being an actual button element.

    I had almost completely forgotten how to create Navbars using HTML, but thanks to a tutorial provided by the repository's owner, I could finish it with much ease. There wasn't anything too challenging other than the fact that the web design courses we took we made mostly with React or other Javascript frameworks, but for the sake of what kind of codes the developer was using, I went with the old HTML approach.

    Midway through completing the issue, I noticed that they didn't have a website or project logo. I pulled up MS Paint and made a logo using a pixilated font with an empty background to allow the use of setting the color or the logo using CSS.

    After I showed the sample Navbar to the repository owner, he approved of it and instructed me to open up a pull request. I had made the mistake of not following the file component structure, I changed where the files should be to the favor of the owner before merging.
    
    For this Pull Request, I learned more about CSS styling and some more options that I can utilize in the future like setting transition as well as changing mouse pointers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lab 2 Blog

Lab 4 Blog

Release 0.4