Lab 5 Blog

     Lab 5 of the OSD555 course had assigned us the task of cleaning up and organizing our project's code. We were instructed to reduce the amount of unneeded code by removing any global or unused variables, make variable names easier to understand, and refactor any repeated codes that exist within the project. We utilized the rebase command to merge with the main branch nicely.

    The lab this time is meant to have us learn how to use the git command 'rebase', it is a command that allows multiple commits done under one section/branch to be committed as one single action. This command will come in handy when making multiple fixes and changes that are under the same category, and allow for a clean commit history on the repository.

    I found a duplicated code running for the file reading operation merged from Lab 4's issue, and reduces it to only one by making the first file reading operation conditional, but pass in the parameters as nullptr to prevent any bugs.

    During the completion of this lab, I realized that there is always some way to improve my own code. No matter how many times I make a revision, the code would never be perfect and it reminds me to often revisit my own repositories in order to further improve my programming skills.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lab 2 Blog

Lab 4 Blog

Release 0.4