Release 0.3 External PR

    In this month's Release 0.3 assignment, we were required to make a total of two Pull Requests. One of which is a pull request that is an external project, we will be making another contribution to other people's repository. I decided to revisit one of the repositories that I visited back in Release 0.2, the Artistify web app. I felt more comfortable to work on something that I already took the time to understand, the owner of the repository made a big change to the project compared to the last time I worked on it and I am excited to make more additions to their project.

    This time I worked on two separate issues in one Pull Request due to the first issue being required to complete before working on the second issue. The issue asked for someone to add a spinner animation or placeholder while the Top 100 list on the Billboard page is loading. This sounded really similar to what I did for the third pull request in Release 0.2, which was adding a loading/error component while the post was loading or failed to load. But this one different for it required me to add something to detect if the results are loaded, the difference between the Telescope loading block and this was that the part doing the detection was already done, this time I have to do it on my own.

    I spent some time looking around the project's files as well as googled and concluded with the solution that it will require the use of React Hooks, which I never learned or made before. After learning the basics of React Hook and its useState, I got started on the problem and created a function that will execute when the list of items are loaded and then set the loading state to false, which disables the loading animation component.

    I feel glad that I got a chance to work on React Hooks and React States because it is required for what I am trying to do for my Telescope Internal Pull Request.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lab 2 Blog

Lab 4 Blog

Release 0.4