Release 0.4 - qasong Import Youtube Playlist

     I have started working on the Issue after the repository's owner Ian had assigned it to me. As of now, I could say that I am about 40 percent to finish adding this feature. So far I added a new component inside the Navbar's menu which when clicked will show a dialog box prompting for a Youtube playlist URL.

    The input box's value will be passed to another function that accesses the server to generate an object containing the Youtube playlist's items in the same format as qasong's queue items. If the URL is blank or invalid, an error message will appear above the button to notify the user.




    As for how to get the playlist's items, I learned that you could access data from Youtube links by utilizing Google API's Youtube API. One problem that came up is that it requires the use of an API key that is created from Google Developer Projects which might hit a limit for the number of requests allowed to be made. I then tried to use several npm packages that handle Youtube URLs. Packages like youtube-playlist-summary, yt-search, and youtube-playlist. youtube-playlist what I tried to use initially, but it kept returning an error whenever I passed.

    For now, I decided to wait for the repository's owner''s reply to my question about using API inside his project.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lab 2 Blog

Lab 4 Blog

Hacktoberfest - PR #1