Lab 1 Blog

 For Lab 1 I was instructed to look for other people that had also worked on their Release 0.1 so that we could help each other by testing/reviewing each other's project.

I sent out a message on the OSD600 slack channel to look for a person to partner up with, and to my surprise, there were two people that responded to me within the first 5 minutes. Since there were 2 people that asked for partnership, I suggested that we could work as 3 people to possibly increase the amount of feedback going around the circle.

As I checked other people's work, I noticed minor problems like error filtering, I was surprised that there were little to no mistakes within the codes itself. However, I did find some areas that could be improved in terms of easier ways to install the project through uploading to npm and commenting within the codes to help to explain the functions.

When my partner reviewed my work, he was able to find problems that I had let go unnoticed. I hadn't considered the possibility of the URLs being timed out, causing the program to halt until it finishes, and missing argument for the installation through npm. It was good to have another pair of eyes to view your own codes from a different perspective to help improve your code.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lab 2 Blog

Lab 4 Blog

Release 0.4