Lab 4 Blog

    This week's lab consisted of going to a new user's repository that we haven't worked on before, and add a new feature called "Ignore URL Patterns" onto their Release 0.1 repository. This feature will be activated after a new argument '--ignore' had been received, containing the ignore argument will allow the CLI tool to read two files in order: the file that contains the list of URLs that will be ignored by the link checker, and the argument after that will be the targeted file to scan.

    I created an Issue on another person's Repository, and once I got permission to work on the issue, I Forked the repository into my own and cloned that forked repository into my local machine. I ran through the code and got a better understanding of how the code works before working to add the feature in.

    After the feature had been completed, I contacted the owner of the project through the issue that was opened to let him know that I had finished the feature, I suggested to privately contact through Slack and we worked together to finish any bug/problems until he was happy to merge my branch.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lab 2 Blog

Release 0.4